What rules the House of God?
The Way The Truth The Life Jesus
According to Scripture what does Jesus say we are to do in following Him in our living?
The Golden Rule Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”
Reconciliation or Conflict Resolution Matthew 18:15-17
Rather than gossip we are to go first to the person we have a problem with. If the following is done most conflicts are resolved. We are to help one another follow what Jesus says in these verses. The goal is to be restoring relationships.
“If your brother or sister sins against you, go and tell them their fault, between you and them alone. If they listen to you, you have gained your brother or sister. But if they do not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If they refuse to listen to them, tell it to the church.”
The Greatest Commandment Matthew 22:34-40
“But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
As the Holy Spirit calls, gathers, enlightens, and sanctifies us, we are to reflect God’s life in us. At Zion we have been sharing the following truths from “Orange - (Church and Home Ministry where the light of Christ in the church (yellow), joins the love of the family (Red), forming Orange). Our lives are to be growing together between home and church. We live our faith and are growing in it as the Spirit leads us to know and live the following:
God made me.
God loves me.
Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
I need to make wise decisions.
I can trust God no matter what.
I should treat others the way I want to be treated. (See 21 Rules of our Home)
I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with my creator.
I belong to Jesus Christ and define who I am by what He says.
I exist every day to demonstrate God's love to a broken world.
May we be the family of God living as home to those who do not have home, a place of mission for the healthy family, and a place of restoration for the broken.
The 21 Rules of This House In This House...
1 We obey our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We love, honor and pray for one another.
3. We tell the truth.
4. We consider one another’s interests ahead of our own.
5. We speak quietly and respectfully with one another.
6. We do not hurt one another with unkind words or deeds.
7. When some one needs correction, we correct them in love.
8. When someone is sorry, we forgive them.
9. When someone is sad, we comfort them.
10. When someone is happy, we rejoice with them.
11. When we have something nice to share, we share it.
12. When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
13. We take good care of everything God has given us.
14. We do not create unnecessary work for others.
15. When we open something, we close it.
16. When we turn something on, we turn it off.
17. When we take something out, we put it away.
18. When we make a mess, we clean it up.
19. When we do not know what to do, we ask.
20. When we go out, we act just as if we were in this house.
21. When we disobey or forget any of The 21 Rules of This House, we accept the discipline and instruction of the Lord.(1)
1 - The 21 Rules of This House are by Gregg, Sono & Josh Harris, and are found in A Coloring Book & Rule Kit The Original 21 Rules of This House. Published by Christian Life Workshop.
400 N Sawyer St, Oshkosh, WI 54902